Sunday, March 16, 2008

Kampachi and Those Sweet Words

I am a Japanese food lover. For those who don't know much about me, I can tell you that my love towards the food can reach the extent of drinking miso soup in the morning, having curry rice during lunch time and taking katsu don as my dinner.

So after my boyf got back from Japan, he asked me: "Where shall we head to for dinner later?" I answered, "I'm craving for Japanese food. It's been ages since I ate sushi and my favorite curry rice and katsu don!" And then someone yelled,"Oh please, hell NO! I've had enough of Japanese food already." So, we ended eating Thai or Italian food usually. They're good, of course. But I still dream of myself swimming in the sea of various kind of sashimi and eating endless bowl of katsu don. =(

After few nagging, I finally gave in. I did not recommend going for Japanese food, when my boyf asked me every single time. Seeing him been missing all the glorious food back at home(town) quite a lot, I would generally go wherever he wants to. Yesterday was one of the sweetest days, when he tagged me into Kampachi, a Japanese restaurant which I've been wanting to go.


Toro sashimi (tuna belly) was awesome! It's milky and very fresh! A little pricey for RM30 per piece but it's all worth it.


Maguro sashimi


Curry rice that he ordered. nice!


My una and sashimi don




some chicken teriyaki. thumbs up!


Having a short break at Starbucks, the passion tea choked me up a little when I first sipped it. ahh the bitterness.

======

Norah Jones - Those Sweet Words has been on my favourite playlist currently. It's addictive. The lyrics are so beautiful that I can't stop singing it.

What did you say?
I know I saw you singing
But my ears won't stop ringing
Long enough to hear
Those sweet words
What did you say?

End of the day
The hour hand has spun
But before the night is done
I just have to hear
Those sweet words
Spoken like a melody

All your love
Is a lost balloon
Rising up through the afternoon
'Till it could fit on the head of a pin

Come on in
Did you have a hard time sleeping
'Cause the heavy moon was keeping me awake
And all I know is I'm just glad to see you again

See my Love
Like a lost balloon
Rising up through the afternoon
And then you appear

What did you say?
I know what you were singing
But my ears won't stop ringing
Long enough to hear
Those sweet words
And just simple melody

I just have to hear
Those sweet words
Spoken like a melody
I just wanna hear
Those sweet words...

I want to fall asleep in your arm, when listening to this song <3>

I can't wait for this coming Tuesday! cos I'll be off to Taiwan for a short vacation! =)
Till then~



4 comments:

Peter said...

So, you seem to have a very nice time right now! Eating your favourite dishes, sleeping in the arms of your bf, listening to the music you love, traveling to Taiwan...! Anything else on your wish list?

GMG said...

Fully agree with Peter!
Would love to have had that Japanese meal. Nice that you remebered I've to head to Sakura, Aya or Japa, some of the Japanese restos here in Lisbon...
And when you come back, a post on Cretan Towns will be waiting for you at Blogtrotter
Enjoy your Taiwan vacation!

ah yuan said...

Emily, food looked gorgeous! I'll eat those till I burst! lol

Have a great time in Taiwan!

Emilieee said...

Peter: I think I have another one on my wish list: I need a time machine to turn back time =)

Gmg: Thanks! Will definitely read your post on Cretan Towns!

Ah Yuan: You're back! =) miss ya ;)